March 20, 2012

You can do what you can do, and that's it.

This week's thought: you can do what you can do, and that's it.

Let it go. Whatever I'm holding onto, I have to let it go. Put down the "tug-of-war rope" and walk away. Here's the deal as I pursue my dream: any relationship, any conversation, any experience, any partnership, any moment even can sidetrack me from the road I need to be on to accomplish the mission. What can happen is that I get into a possible business partnership or I have an experience or dialogue with a potential customer and I stay there -- I pick up the tug-of-war rope. As we chase our dreams, I don't think we need to be fighting battles. As crazy as this might sound, I think the pursuit of the dream should be easy going -- working hard, but not hard work. When we are doing something we believe in and inviting people into that experience, then we just need a simple answer from them -- are you interested? Would you like to join me? Would you like to go there together? If the answer is "no", then move on. The right people who believe in you and your dream will come along. The wrong people aren't right for you, and the best thing you can do is let go of the rope and keep walking forward.

You can do what you can do, and that's it. Look up, look forward, let go of the rope, and enjoy the pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment